Friday, August 19, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

 We recently received a couple of offers for free photobooks from one of our favorite photo websites.  Not wanting to let them go to waste, I began looking through our pictures of Makenna to see what kind of fun theme I could come up with.  In doing that, I discovered that we have what *might* be considered an inordinately large number of pictures of Makenna...sleeping.


At first I thought, "Man, what kind of weirdo am I that I have all of these sleeping pictures?"  But the more I thought, the more I realized that it's not really THAT strange.  I mean honestly, what is more peaceful and beautiful than a sleeping baby?   It's innocence personified right there  in front of you!  When Makenna was first born, we were always thrilled when she was able to sleep for any lengthy period of time.  That meant naps for Mommy and Daddy, or catching up on cleaning, and most importantly, peace and quiet.



As Makenna got older, we started noticing that she had some favorite sleeping positions.  

The Sprawl (aka, Frog Legs): 



The Cheerleader

The Cuddler
With Uncle Colin
With Daddy

The Naked Napper











The Carseat Crash



And finally, my favorite - The Totally Random, That Doesn't Look Comfortable But Apparently Is

Any way I look at it, I LOVE watching Makenna while she sleeps.  It gets me all warm fuzzy and fluttery inside looking at her and knowing that she is my little girl, that she grew inside of me, and that God blessed us with her.  Just last night, Chad and I stood in her room before we went to bed and just marveled at how beautiful she is.  We are so lucky to be Mommy and Daddy to the cutest, sweetest, most lovable little girl in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment